Thread: Sleep Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 03:59 PM

Default sleeping

Well I had a huge sleeping problem for about a year. I would be up til 4 -5 - 6 am. It was horrible.

I have a cocktail of meds to take at night and almost always helps.
1) Ambien CR
2) muscle relaxor (cyclobenzaprine)
3) Neurontin
4) Vicodin

Ambien CR made a huge difference over reg ambien. But I have to take these meds early enough at night, like 6 or 7 pm depending on how early you need to be up.

The muscle relaxor makes me sleepy too, so it helps to "knock me out" I only take it at night with the Ambien CR.

Is there a pain med or muscle relaxor that makes you sleepy? It might be a trial and error thing you have to work through with your dr. There are certains meds in the past that drs have tried on me and also made me really sleepy like Darvocet, Amitriptyline (Elavil).

Maybe there is some combination that will help you. It may just take more than one to do the trick.

I am now trying Rolfing (Structural Integration) and it's fascinating. After 7 years of chronic pain, I am finding out that my entire body is messed up, stressed, tight and painful. I am hoping to gain some relief from this technique which I am hoping will help me reduce my medication intake and make me more comfortable to fall asleep. I am also seeing my surgeon tomorrow to see if he recommends some injections for inflammatory relief.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop