View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 07:15 AM

Justin, great idea and good luck with your consult with Dr B,

I am thankful for my amazingly supportive family, particularly my mum, dad, brother and nana. they were amazing through this whole process and mum/dad looked after me for 6wks following my op. I love them all so much.

I am thankful for my health and an excellent outcome thus far (touch wood). I'm working fulltime again and doing some personal training around my work. I am drugfree and dont even think about carrying them in my bag anymore. I can play tennis and golf (abit so far) and get out on my bike.

I am also thankful for the great friends and work colleagues that i have. through this whole process my employer has been 100% supportive, as have all of my work colleagues. They still frown at me if i try to do too much, without being patronizing about my limitations at the same time.

A special mention also goes to Clive, my osteopath. He has treated me almost weekly at no cost for the last 18months (except the last two months as ive had no reason to see him, rock on). he enabled me to keep functioning as much as i could through the difficult times

i also need to give thanks to ACC, the NZ governments accident insurance as they have said 'yes' to everything that has been requested of them either by me or my med team.

And i am able to think about my future again, its no longer about just surviving...

To all the people tha make adr support (special mention to harrison), this site has been amazing for the support and information it has provided.

I wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year. I hope 2009 brings positive outcomes and resolutions.

Rachel
L4/5, L5/S1 disc prolapses post wakeboarding accident Oct 06 (grade 5 and grade 4 annular disruption, repectively). 2X epidural steroid injections, lots of drugs and conservative treatment, positive discogram. Surgery May 08 (L4/5 A-Mav disc replacement and L5/S1 ALIF)