View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 PM

Default Surgery date scheduled

I finally got my surgery date for total hip replacement. Friday, March 20th, down at Mayo Clinic in Rochester. I didn't want to have it before the grand baby was born. If anyone out there has had hip replacement and would like to comment, I would most appreciate it. I feel a bit like a revolving door when it comes to surgeries.....of any kind. I certainly hope and pray this does the final job on my right hip pain. I do believe the steroid has finally kicked in and is giving me some relief. When we were up at our cabin over the holidays, I wanted to go snow shoeing in a big way, on all the fresh snow. So I took 2 percocet and headed out with my husband and our dog. We were gone for slightly over an hour. I was completely drenched in sweat when we returned to the cabin. It was such an awesome workout. I had to ice down big time, but I look forward to many more experiences like this in the future. And even when you get that 1 time, it is such a gift, for those of us who have lived with chronic pain. You get what I'm talking about. I purchased an Ab Rocket the other day, in an effort to strengthen my core more before surgery. I will let you know if it is worth it. And I finally bought one of those foam rollers for itbs. (illiotibial band syndrome) Boy, that thing hurts like h___, but I think it is definitely going to help my overly tight IT Bands. You do have to work thru the pain to reap the benefit, fyi.

Here's to an incredible 2009 for all us spiney's! Never give up!
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!