View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:15 PM

I know what you mean KBear. I was aware of the full facts behind the McDonalds Case. Most people accept things at face value any more as critical thinking has gone out the window. Most people are settling for being fat and lazy and allow others to do their thinking for them. They are mere sheep being led to the slaughter. When the middle class are no more because the wealthy, the politicians, the corporations, the other countries, all got richer and richer while we paid the lion's share I will count the money I invested over the years and retire comfortably and peacefully.

I have not paid an interest payment on a credit card in almost twenty years. I look at all sides to the story. When my Republican friends send me the e-mails trying to discredit all who stand in their way I look to www.snopes.com and other sites to sift through the BS. I have saved the maximum amount in my retirement plan for years. While others are bailing out of the stock market I am buying right and left. I am buying low to accumulate a lot of shares. When the market goes back up I will be sitting well (I hope). I am most fearful about the corruption that has run amuck for the last several years in corporate America. Americans have stood by the sidelines and allowed this to occur. They bought in to the religious right and thought the party was represented with God on it's side. If life is so precious, why does it not matter after it is born? Life should be sustained by good healthcare, good jobs for Americans rather than foreign markets and, select shareholders in this country, why are we filling prisons with poor people, drug addicts, mentally ill people, people of color, why are we sending valuable life overseas to die, why do we have the death penalty for people if we believe in life? Why, Why, Why?

I am sorry for the losses you experienced over your accident. You can truly relate to what I went through. Tort reform is what corporate America and insurance companies want to sell to the masses. As mere sheep, most of us will buy it. Until we get injured ourselves and find how it is slanted to have the insurance companies win. They have attorney's that come in with the sole purpose of wearing you down. Most people get intimidated and run. Not me and, not you. We were fighters. Good for you.

This post will probably tick off a few people and is off topic. Go to www.snopes.com and check out the politics page. Look up Obama and McCain. The lies spread about Obama cover a full page. The one's about McCain and Palin cover a small percentage. It's obvious someone has a vested interest in trying to systematically destroy Obama as a candidate. I wonder if it is because of his color. Before anyone answers this check out the disparity of the sentencing laws between powder cocaine (primarily white, middle class to wealthy person's drug) vs. crack cocaine (primarily black person's drug). We are filling up prisons with person's of color in record numbers. Who said we weren't still racists?

I still hate seeing the little guy get trampled. A classic example is how few of us get our much needed surgeries paid for on this forum. If all of you are tired of it as well stand up, go to the window right now and yell; "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore."

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5