View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 03:35 AM

Hi All,

Well, today I can relate to Frost: 'Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I, sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood......' (actually, 'sorry I couldn't turn around and haul my tush out of the brush back to main civilization' is more apt, but distinctly lacks poetic quality and charm).

Verdicts are in from both my French NS and ProSpine; both concur that ADR should be done, and sooner rather than later. I have sufficiently spoken about the talents and dedication of my NS and how happy I have been with him thus far. Familiarity is reassuring. He is confident he can perform this operation despite the fact that he's only done 12 cervical ADRs to date. The surgery would cost me nothing, insurance covers it here. my NS would have to petition the hospital to agree to the operation (cost), but he says it's no problem.

Dr B has accepted me as a candidate too. We know his reputation and his talent. His operation would cost me a big hunk of money which insurance would not reimburse. Big problem. Different country, don't know the guy...shouldn't weigh in on a 'cold' decision, but hey, I'm human. I think. Most days.

My NS would use the Mobi-C, DR B would (probably) use the ProDisc. I can't find enough info on the former, but have not heard anything negative either. ALL my NS's patients are happy so far--but all are in their first year of recovery.

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me what they think I should do, as each of us needs to make that choice.

I'm looking for a few people to tell me a bit more about their experiences, good or bad,pros and cons, with ProSpine and DR B. Until I can get a better feel for this place and this man, I can't make this decision. Quality of care, pre and post-op? Ongoing evaluation? Hotline in case of panic attacks?????!!!!

Oh, and to add even more sensory pleasure to this experience: we will probably be moving at some point this summer. I need to be functional for that move. I am pretty functional now, but both doctors advise against waiting for surgery to improve the chances of successful implantation.

I could have surgery with my NS in April--DR B, I have no idea.

Ok, enough venting. Feel free to PM me with your own ProSpine experiences. They will remain confidential.

THX,

Trace