View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:31 AM

this is common after surgey. Pre-op your body was compensating. Reads like you had a disc protrusion and it sounds like you were overusing the muscles you described.

In fact I wonder if adult onset scoliosis was setting in cause a lockup like that could twist the spine ever so slightly.

Post-op your muscles are compensating even more until your spine heals. I'm having a similiar issue and I've been told by one spine doctor that an injected muscle relaxant is in store. I've hear these hurt like a mother.

I'd first start using the jacuzzi before you go to a deep tissue massage. Also make sure your therapist knows soft tissue massage. If a large muscle like that is locked up for a long period of time then it has also affected your soft tissue and can cause tissue scarring. A real bitch to rub out if possible at all.

try pilates. It's a lot about stretching and working intrinsic muscles. If none of that helps then get that injection. It might help.

Prodisc St. Mary's 12/2006 not diagnosed properly pre-op and now have DDD L4/L5, facet calcification L5-S1/L4-L5, mild scoliosis and left knee pain. DDD: C3 through C6