View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 12:13 AM

Red face Another Doctor

Still trying to make the best decision. I have seen today yet another doctor from a very respectable hospital in NYC. Did my due diligence, read his profile, and it looked promising, ADR experience, etc. He agreed that I need a surgery, sooner than later. He offered to do fusion or ADR and it was the first to say he could do a 3 level. However he said he has done a 3 level a few times, maybe less than 10 and 2 level maybe 20 times or more. He said the surgery was not covered by the insurance and it was a length process to find out how much it would cost but if I was interested in doing it he would start the process. After a 10 minutes consultation I left his office thinking that I had no choice but to go overseas. It seems that it will be very difficult to find a doctor that has enough experience to do the surgery that I need in the US. And if I did find one that has the experience. it will probably not be affordable since this doctor was very clear to say that I should not expect anything to be reimbursed by the insurance.

Still waiting for an answer from the Texas Back Institute and from Dr. Pimenta in Brazil.

Best,
Lucelia
C6-7 mild to moderate
Trying to figure it out best option
Also many issues with lumbar