View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 AM

Default Laryngitis, swelling in throat, snoring

Quote:
Yes, we have seen this in both ADR and fusion patients. It actually may not be related to the surgical site, though it sounds probable. Are you sleeping more deeply...when you are sleeping?Are you dreaming?

I wonder if the soft tissues in your throat are inflamed from the trauma of surgery and intubation. If this is the case, it should get better. but we have many cervical spine patients in this community....

...a little help, cervie friends?
Been wanting to add here. Pre-op: no snoring, no dreaming, as soon as head hit the pillow, asleep for 7-8 hrs. Post-op: snoring horribly (hubby moved to guest bedroom), dreaming, gotten past the 1-2 hrs of sleep, awake for two hrs. routine to sleeping 2-4 hrs at a time. But I miss my long, solid sleep. Mouth is extremely sticky.

The other problem is laryngitis and swelling. This is not a result of talking too much, just happens and haven't been able to determine why it happens. Still have difficulty swallowing meat, bread, etc. Anyone else have this problem? It's been 8 mos and think my throat should be healed. Sandy