View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 09:14 PM

What is important is how you feel not what other people think of you...as they have no clue as to what you are going through. If you feel you need the cane then use it. I have a suggestion, I am assuming you cannot exercise but what you can do in place.. is contract your muscles, meaning tense and squeeze them isometrically...this will believe it or not strengthen them and offer more muscle control and balance for you, when you fall your muscles will at least support you and go into high gear to protect your spine, I have been there. When I damaged my sciatic nerve I too had a hard time moving my left leg, but what I did was use a one-legged leg curl machine and I did everything I could to stimulate those muscles and I made a miraculous recovery, I was to where I could not even go up on my toes it was like that part of me was completely dead, 6 months later my left leg can handle the same amount of weight as the right even though it struggles with it somewhat. Try this then maybe you could eventually use some exercise equipment it won't hurt to try and actually a lying leg curl and a single leg extension machine should not bother your spine. Stretching, deep tissue massage and Malic Acid works well for muscle spasms.
Hang in there
Andro1111