View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 12:34 PM

Hi all

Kevin and Rosie,

I was a slow recovery from my 1 level. I think people expect too much too quick, based on what they hear from others and probably from their doctors too. Looking back, I would say I continued to improve for 2 full years. At 6 months I was ready to throw in the towel and say I was a failure. Especially when my leg pain was worse then before surgery because of the distraction pain. But I finally turned the corner and was doing well. That is why possibly facing surgery on another level is so disheartening. We (I) have to remember that our other discs are only as good as they were pre-sugery (not perfect) and are certainly subject to injury. I hope and pray that my current pain will resolve on its own and no further surgery will be required. I have certainly learned a lesson to PROTECT this back of mine. I know others here are so happy with their newfound painfee life that they are pushing things to the limits. I am very happy for them,pehaps their other discs are in perfect shape. For me i think the condition of my other discs needs to be respected, otherwise I am headed for more surgery. Hope I am not already there!!!

CindyLou,

My goodness girl you have been though a lot. The tough thing about this hip pain stuff is figuring out if it comes from the hip or the back. Sounds like you have had all the right diagnostics though, to make the proper decisions. Like you, I had/have both hip and back pathology that really clouds the issue and makes it difficult to find a proper diagnosis. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery!!!!!! I will be looking for posts on your progress.

Laurel