View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 AM

Default I need a surgery and I dont want to be fused

Greetings all sorry we had to meet this way. Well, I have significantly large C6/C7 herniation after moving a heavy credenza at work June 14th of this year. I have since gone to Physical therapist who gave me some exercises then a nap on a decompression machine; The decompression took the constant numbness out of my left hand, but I am still plagued by muscle spasms and weakness of my left arm and chest. I am now going through with the McKenzie method. I have seen 2 surgeons. Both offered me Fusion only one offered the Prodisc-c replacement, but he doesn't have any patients I can speak to about their opinion of it. This is the only disk I have problems with. and I see

I really feel bad for some of you, because this out right blows. just even trying to do simple everyday things like laundry, empty and load the dishwasher, vacuuming are extremely taxing. I fear the inevitble and the quotes from my doctors physiologist "people who have what you have, have surgery" Neurosurgeon "it doesn't get better,only worse if anything"

<---that's how I felt when I saw the MRI.

I would like to know what your opinion is if you have had a disk replaced.

Thank you all and I am sorry that we suffer