View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 PM

I too am sorry to hear about your situation. But I noticed you were in NJ (where I lived most of my life) and was wondering about the surgeons you saw. My experience with surgeons is they like to cut. Not all, but that is what they do. Would you still see other surgeons for recomendations? If so, the northeast is a good area for medicine. Dr Balderston at U of Penn is a great doc and does ADR. So does the hopital for special surgery in NY (I think his name is Dr Bitan?). And I'm sure others can recommend some top docs for ADR.

Everyone's experience with surgery is unique to them, Their own medical history, current health and co-morbidities, support, outlook, etc ... The best I think anyone can do is do as much research as you can on your condition, see the best docs you can find, talk to others such as friends, family, others here on the forum, and in the end, the decision is still a very personal one.

If it has to be done, like you, I still think ADR is a better option. Just find the right doc, hospital, etc .. for it. I wish you the best!

Ken