View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 PM

Default Lost the battle with uhc

After several months and 4 denials from uhc for adr surgery, i have decided to move forward and scheduled fusion surgery. My surgeon will be performing an anterior lumbar interbody fusion at l4-l5 on april 21, 2009. I really wanted to have adr surgery vs. A fusion, but after 8 months of trying, and what i thought were some darn good appeals i was not able to get uhc to overturn there decision. It was a big let down, but my wife and i are confident that this was ment to be. So we are letting it go and moving forward with an optimistic look at things. If anyone has had this procedure performed and could tell me anything about it i would greatly appreciate it. All i can say is if you are fighting your insurance company to get approval for adr surgery, keep fighting. Dont give up. Although i have quit the fight , i feel i gave it my best shot, and have no regrets . Personal issues have forced me to stop fighting uhc, and now it's time to take care of myself. But, i wish everyone out there the best of luck in there own battles with there insurance company.