View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 04:32 PM

My pea brain says that you'd need a convincing argument that your autoimmune disease led to or increased the weakness of your disks if you're going to have a chance of Regenokine reducing your need for surgery. I tend to be a big proponent of the biological repairs but I really need a solid premise for an underlying mechanism before I'm willing to trust them to fix a problem. In the absence of that explanation, I'd suggest that you look at this as two separate but related problems. You have an autoimmune disease that's likely exacerbated when you're in pain. You have weakened disks and cord compression and the pain and disability they cause is enhanced when your autoimmune disease fires up.

If you split those up and address them separately, then you can ask addressing which improves your condition the most, the fastest, the most certain, and the cheapest (up to you to rank which factor is most important).

Side note, Laura gets prolotherapy injections into the C-spine region semi-regularly to deal with the mobility of the Prodisc-C implants. If an injectionist can't figure out how to establish a sterile area to give you injections near your implants, you really need to find a new injectionist. You rhematologist is being careful but a bit too cautious in my opinion. That risk is real but manageable.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog