Thread: CMAC - My Story
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 12:22 AM

cmac,

I hate to be the one to perhaps pour cold water on your enthusiasm for your upcoming ADR, but I feel I just have to comment.

It has only been 4 months since your MVA. I too had similar injuries as you and was recommended by 4 surgeons to have a discectomy/fusion or ADR.

I was also told to wait as long as possible before submitting to either of these procedures as herniations/bulges can take up to 2 years to heal on their own without the need for surgery.

Well around the 22 month mark, I noticed I was late taking my Neurontin a number of times and decided I would titrate myself off to see if I actually WAS getting better. Low and behold I was. I have managed to titrate myself completely off Neurontin 1200mg for just on 16 months now.

I still have pain, but it is handleable. I do have some other issues I am trying to work out with this injury.

I just wonder if you should perhaps wait a little longer before submitting to surgery. If you are showing major neurological deficits, where you health and safety are of immediate concern, then this would be a different story and surgery would be an emergency.

Should you still go ahead on May 6th, I wish you all the best.

Hucky
Treated for whiplash, PT, Accupuncture, Massage symptoms predominatly on left hand side. No relief.
Aug 04 C6/7 ruptures. MRI shows no deteriorat