View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Banned

It's possible you have adhesions which is the union of two surfaces that are normally seperate; also any fibrous band that connects them.
Surgery within the abdomen sometimes results in adhesions from scar tissue. As an organ heals, fibrous scar tissue forms around the tissue.

This scar tissue may cling to the surface of adjoining organs, causing them to kink. Adhesions are usually painless and cause no difficulties, alhtough occasionally tehy produce an obstruction or malfunction by distorting the organ.
They can also occur after peritonitis and other inflammatory conditions. They may occur in the pleura, in the pericardium, and around the pelvic organs, in addition to the abdomen. Surgery is sometimes recommended to relieve pain from adhesions.

For the first two years after my BTL, I had some very sharp pains very low in the right groin area.. oh man, did I ever have some pain~ I had it worked up and nothing was ever really found..eventually it resolved altho it seemed to have taken a good 5 years to completely resolve. I was given the diagnosis of "probable adhesions". Because the pain was so intermittant and mostly before my menses, I didn't really care, it was more a topic of discussion/complaint with my GFs.

As my menses have dissapated/gone altogether, I no longer get this pain...

If it is adhesions and this is mild, then probably with the normal stretching of the body thru everyday movement this well resolve over time..