View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 04:13 PM

Chuck, Kevin, and Terry.....thanks for the comments, support, etc. I had to already wire the full amount 3 weeks ago. Didn't you guys have to do that? At least at Pro-Spine, that's how Dr. B does it. I have made my decision to go ahead and have the surgery, obviously. I cannot allow anyone else to decide my fate, but I have to admit, for a few crazy, delirious, rage-filled minutes last night, after getting the news (still haven't heard from them directly..meaning HealthPartners) I was more than tempted to cancel my surgery, get a refund, be in more misery, get on stronger pain meds so I could sue the company for denying the surgery and contributing to an addiction to narcotics....and of course, it was all just being stupid, idiotic, my way of coping and how could I stick it to HealthPartners and the employer. I've had time to sleep on it, work thru some of my disappointment, and obviously get a clear head. (now I know for sure, after sleeping on it, it's a good plan! Ha! Just kidding!) I'm not a bitter or revengeful person by nature. It's just so wrong and unfair. I'm sure none of us like being unheard. In all my wildest dreams, I never could have thought this one up...that I would need a back surgery in America, sanctioned by my back surgeon and deemed medically necessary, only to have this same country deny me coverage! I feel like I'm living in some 3rd world country! Enough ranting and raving. I leave in a week. I refuse to utilize it starting another final appeal with the Minnesota Dept of Health, when I need to be just packing, reflecting, being positive and thankful for what's in front of me. Boy, thanks for all the support. I do appreciate it.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!