View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 05:19 AM

I concur with Jack's comments. I'm going to wait a while until my post-op pain and discomfort have a chance to heal before I sing Dr. Desai's praises as a surgeon. The proof is in the results, and it's honestly too early to tell. So far though I have no regrets at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
I finally scheduled my surgeries with Dr. Desai (2x cervical, 2x lumbar) in October.

He's has like 10+ years I think doing ADR surgeries, using a number of them during that time (Maverick, ProDisc, Charite). I think he told me he does like 200-250 surgeries a year. (I don't remember the starting year offhand) And has been using the ESP for many years now.

He has years of experience as a general surgeon which one can only assume helps him be prepared for a lot of different things.

I know there are surgeons who have more years of experience specific to spine surgery... But I wanted not only a very competent surgeon, but someone who I'd be comfortable with. You don't want me going into surgery with any more anxiety than I already live with

He spoke with me 3 times, for just over 2 hours. Answering every question with humility and compassion.

As a person, he seems to be really amazing. His outcomes as a surgeon seem to be on par with the other experts out there. All those experts seem amazing too - just with Dr. Desai there is no question that his personal motivation is helping you.

Three times at the end of his day, fairly late in Germany, he makes time to call me and listen to all my questions... With nothing but a friendly positive attitude... And it's not like he's personally getting paid to stay late to talk to me.

Amazing guy. Granted it doesn't mean he's perfect and there's no risk in the surgery. But because of his years of experience and his level of compassion I truly feel comfortable putting my life in his hands.

Sept 4th, 2019: Completed 3 level CP-ESP at C4 thru C7 with Dr. Biren Desai in Cologne, Germany

Scheduled for March 11, 2020: L3 thru S1 LP-ESP with Dr Clavel in Barcelona