View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 PM

Default I am an exception,but...

I seem to be an exception, but I have always "healed" fast. (Had 3rd degree burns once that healed in a week. That is a pain second only to my back pain) I am 4.5 months post-surgery and I am running 3 miles 4-5 times a week. (at an easy pace) I also cycle up to 100 miles a week right now. I do not recommend for you to expect that so soon. My surgeon seems to feel that since I am not having any issues at this time that I can continue, but he STRONGLY warned me to listen to my body. I have been hyper aware of any ache and pain and ask my PT to be sure I am not hurting myself. I still have some restrictions but I was told he will lift them in June if I continue to do well. As for activities, I was told I will be able to do whatever I want. I plan on waiting till 2013 before I "test" my limits. I have been hiring people to do my yard work, etc. till next year. I usually take care of that myself. Only thing I have been doing is mowing. Again I have been the exception to the rule. I hope you have as much success as I have.
2007-2010
7 Inj and PT
2011 2 Inj.
Aug. Inj did not help at all. MRI.
XRay neg. Sept MRI
Discogram L5S1 pain was 10 of 10. L4L5 pain was 2-3.
DR advised me about ADR. Ins Approved after appeal.
Surg 12/16 Xmas gift!
Feeling GREAT!
http://www.facebook.com/Stircrazie