Thread: A New Path
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:00 AM

Thanks too Rich, for allowing some venting here. For me personally, it's been a rough week and a half. I am a dyed in the wool McCain supporter, so I have been very depressed by the outcome. But I've certainly had some "lively" discussions with my three sons, two of whom were big Obama supporters. We have great mutual respect, always hear the other one out, and ultimately end our "talks" agreeing to disagree. I am proud that I have raised my kids to be independent thinkers, no doubt about that. And as my husband said after the election: we are loyal Americans who will get behind our new President elect, and show our support. And how fortunate we are to live in a free society, and actually pick our leader to the highest office. Here's hoping Obama surrounds himself with strong leadership to tackle the mess that awaits.

Thanks again Rich. (I'm with you...wanting to see government spending cut in half.)
In any event, we are united, as one nation. Let's hope the big wigs can demonstrate such mutual respect as well.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!