View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:56 AM

ZorroSF,

I'm sorry I'm not sure which type that I had. They put me on the table first on my stomach becuase they said that they could go in from there which was confusing becuase everything that I had read was that they would go in from the front. Then when the Doctor came in He said nope we have to have you on your back this all took about 30 minutes in a very cold room. after they got set up they gave me a local injection to help with the pain of putting in the needles. I asked for more but they said they needed me awake and they wanted me to be able to feel the pain and let them know how it felt. but said they would give me meds after they finished. When they injected my spine with the dye my pain level went through the roof a 10 for sure. I did get some relief when they removed the needle but when they did the next disc WOW another 10 the last disc was ok but I was in great pain. they then undid all of their stuff and said that i had to go to xray for a CT. I asked about my pain meds cuase I was hurting bad and they said that they would get them to me as soon as I made it to the recovery room. I spent 40 min. waiting for the CT and it was a full hour before I made it to the recovery room and another 10 before they got me some relief. In other words I don't care to ever have that proceedure done again and hope that everyone that cared for me will some day have to go through what I did so that they would be more curtious to their patients (not really but it sounds good) I didn't appreciate them making me wait over an hour for pain meds. Hope that helps

Since the test my pain level has went from an average 6-7 to 6-8.5 I'm not sure but I think that somehow the test further damaged my allready damaged disc. they found that both levels had anular tearing and noted that as soon as the dye was injected it leaked from several areas. The only good thing about the test is that now my doctors believe me when I say that i'm in pain becuase before they would always tell me that I didn't have enough degeneration or disc bulging to cuase me the type of pain that I told them I was in. So I quess I would do it again for that reason.

Richard

Fall from ladder 05 lots of pain, lots of test
DDD C5,6,7 opted for two level ADR in Malaysia
Scheduled for 03/09 using Discover disc