View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 12:57 PM

Default later trials have more rigid parameters?

I think I understand what you are saying. In early trials, multiple levels were done and submitted to the insurance company as fusion with cost of device, instruments, etc. paid by the manufactuer. Then after those trials, the FDA didn't approve??? So later trials were set up with tighter parameters, no multiples? Once the devices are "approved" by the FDA the doctors can't bill the insurance company for a fusion and let you pay for the devices as was possible in the trials?

I don't understand why insurance companies are not forced to pay for FDA approvals by the government. I understand why they don't want to pay -$$$. But what would be so wrong with their paying the amount that would be charged for a fusion and the patient paying for the extras. Both surgeries should be close to the same amount, except for the cost of the implants.

Sandy
**Dec. 2007 numbness and weakness in left arm/thumb, x-rays, MRI, discs at C4-7 pushing on spinal cord, fusion or ADR out of country
**April 7, 2008, discogram at C3-4, surgery 4 levels, Prodisc-C, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany