View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 06:56 AM
Administrator

This is pasted from the same topic (now deleted):

May 26, 2006, 11:04 PM
Dale S
Dear Danielle,

I'm furious at disbelieving doctors. I hope that once the MRI proved your pain wasn't in your head that you were reimbursed for the cost.

I know nothing of the health care system or the doctors in the UK though we have severel members that live there and can advise you better than I. I do want to tell you that Dr. B is indeed at the top of the ladder. I was quite surprised at the level of care I received in Germany by everyone concerned. The nursing staff is excellent and my concern over the language barrior proved unfounded. All the doctors are approachable and listen intently to the specifics of your pain. You might want to consider sending him your films via the internet or email for an online consultation.

Knowledge is power and you should explore not only which doctor is best for you, but also learn more about the specifics of your condition. This forum is an excellent source.

I wish you luck whatever you decide,
Dale

Dale S
3 level ProDisc Dr. B
Oct. 12, 2005
Slow Healing but doing OK
May 27, 2006, 06:39 AM
Danielle
SmilerHi Dale, Thanks for your reply, I have e-mailed Germany for some info and costs - can I just ask you if your operation was a success - are you glad you went ahead with it? I feel as though my whole life revolves around my back, so many people have said to me to be very careful about operations involving the spine - however for me there doesn't seem to be a choice, I have no quality of life anyway - Its good to hear about positive outcomes

Kind regards
Danielle
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate