View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 03:11 AM

Hi there everyone, I am new to this site, I have been reading much about ADR and find this site really helpful. I have suffered with constant lower back pain for 9yrs, I have been on anti-inflammatorys for that time as well as pain killers and muscle relaxants - to no avail! I have had 3 steroid injections, physio, accupunture, etc etc - nothing has worked. My doctors just think I am mad! Eventually so tired of the pain and 3 children to look after, I paid privately for my own MRI scan and then to see Mr K Lam in London, whom I was told was very good. Mr Lam informed me that I have disc herniation at L4/L5 and some nerves that are trapped - he advised an ADR operation. My local authority however will not fund the operation with Mr Lam, saying he is out of area for me (I live in Dorset) and they have offered me a Mr Evan Davies from Southampton - I cannot find any information on this surgeon apart from a couple of people locally telling me he likes fusion! Does anyone have any advise? Has anyone been in the same position as me? Does anyone know anything about this Mr E Davies?
I feel positive about the ADR with Mr Lam, and I have also looked at Germany and Mr Bertagnoli, but I am loathed to trust another surgeon with such a big operation - Please Help!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, Danielle