Thread: new to board
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 06:34 PM

Hi all I have joined this site to help me get through this ordeal of spinal problems.I have been fighting disc stuff for 5 years and had to have a microdiskectomy in feb 2008 due to a fragmented disc that sat on my siatic nerve for a week and wasn't going anywhere. Have done great since the lumbar surgery but my worst fear happened and the stress of the lumbar surgery re-herniated a cervical disc that I almost had surgery on in 2004 but I was very lucky and the disc came off the cord so I canceled surgery. It's been 5 weeks this time and it doesn't seem to want to get better.I am myelopathic but my surgeon said it's not bad yet but probably not going away. Luckly I can work but thats about it. So I'm looking into my options again for the neck. Really poor timing cuz I start a new employer tomarrow with new ins and waiting times for different disability options. I really wanted the adr 5 yrs ago cuz I have 2 sisters already with neck fusions and one is disabled from her surgery so I've always had a lot of anxiety towards this surgery. Never had anxiety issues but now have alot of chest pain and neck tightness, hard to tell if just the disc or anxiey but think it's both.So thats my story!!