Thread: Prayers needed!
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 AM

Thank you Rich!

It is breaking my heart to watch this person go through this.

I am not religious at all, but when I read this person's email (I keep throwing this person's gender in, then having to erase it, grrr), I just sat for a minute and imagined myself in Cathedral de Barcelona (the one in the Gothic Quarter that brought me to tears my first night in Barcelona) and envisioned myself praying in the little prayer room off to the side (the one they do not allow any cameras in) and praying for her in that space.

They are nine hours ahead of us, which means it is almost 6:30 in the morning there now. I don't know what time surgery is, so it could happen any minute now, to even twelve hours from now, I don't know for sure. It had something to do with what times the OR is available to Dr. Clavel.

No matter what time you read this fellow ADR Support Member, please, please, PLEASE send a prayer. Like I said, I don't pray. But I haven never before been so moved to pray for a person.

Oh, and please repost this prayer request to fb, twitter, whatever social media sites you use. The more people we have praying, the better.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.