View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lisa:
[qb] Actually if you open the worker's comp claim on your back, the private carriers generally no longer will cover the surgery if w/c denies. And w/c in your state I believe does not cover fusion which makes ADR a harder sell.

I would talk to a w/c lawyer before making a decision as w/c decisions are more final, determining care for your back for your life. You lose on surgery in a w/c case it can be very hard to get coverage any other way.

I lost on my surgery (not ADR another kind) and it was bascially on a technically (The insurance lawyer got medical reports from a nationally known surgeon excluded from evidence.)

W/c is designed to limit liability for serious work injuries, like major back injuries, and generally provides less coverage for major medical problems than other insurance. (80% of w/c medical costs is in the 10% most injuried cases so that's where cost containment is focused) [/qb]
Lisa,

You make the very points I am concerned about. I have been treating my back with medical insurance for the last 4 years.

Previously though, I have had more than 1 WC claim filed for similar injuries and was actually awarded a monetary settlement at one time. On a separate WC claim that closed in 2000, I still have an option to re-open it until 2007, which is what I am debating.

I am just very concerned how the medical insurance is going to react when they find out that the last 4 years has actually been a work related injury. On top of that, my doctor knows WA State process as well as anyone and she says I will have a much better chance of getting an ADR sooner than later with regular medical insurance. I may also talk to a couple local surgeons here to see what they have to say about it.
*'05 Discogram shows concordant pain at L4-5
*8/18/05 scheduled ADR surgery participant in Kineflex/Charite study