Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 06:46 PM

Default Merry Christmas

Hi Liz and Rus,

Understand you are thinking of the Prestige cervical disc for ADR. Can't help you, but have experience with ProDisc-C having had 4 discs replaced last April. ProDisc-C was approved by the FDA for one level in December 2007. I went to Germany and am trying to get Anthem BC BS to cover it, but don't think I will be successful.

If you want to check out this prosthesis you can visit Synthes Spine at http://us.synthesprodisc.com/EN-US/SurgeonInformation/ProDiscCervical/
read both the patient and surgeon sections. You can call them at the ProDisc hotline (1-800-895-7764) Monday – Friday, 9 am - 8 pm (EST) and they will give you a list of the doctors who have completed the training. Then you have to make calls to see if anyone is actually doing the surgery. They also have a section to help you get insurance coverage.

Terry has had success with Prestige, he's on vacation, but sure he will get back to you. There are other cervical Prestige ADR's here, search Prestige.

Let me know if I can answer any questions. I'm a patient, but there are many people who have been in a medical field for years, plus having ADR surgery, who can give you many different options. Good luck and take your time researching a device and a doctor. Sandy
**Dec. 2007 numbness and weakness in left arm/thumb, x-rays, MRI, discs at C4-7 pushing on spinal cord, fusion or ADR out of country
**April 7, 2008, discogram at C3-4, surgery 4 levels, Prodisc-C, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany