View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynlite View Post
I'm a 55 year old female and have been in pain for 9 years now. I have tried many ways to get my health and life back. My surgeries are all listed below. I lost a thriving career in finance, all my sports and my social life. I'm sadly on disability now. All of this is the result of three car accidents when I was younger and time taking its toll. I used to be an avid water and snow skier too so, I'm sure a few well place falls didn't help my situation either. I was very active and traveled a lot until my neck slowed me down. I spend most of my time at home now trying to manage pain. In the last three months I've been losing the ability to walk and stand again so, I have been SLOWLY moving my way through the U.S. medical system and finally have an appointment with a top surgeon at the Barrow Institute on 3/23/15. I already anticipate that my health insurance will turn me down and demand that I have fusion. I know I'll have a long appeals process in hopes of getting them to approve the ADR surgery. I expect to find out that I need 2 to 3 levels fixed because the surgeons wanted to fuse two levels back in 2007. If it's 3 levels, well, that isn't going to happen in the U.S.

I am really leaning towards the M6-C disc which is still in Trials here in the U.S. I tried to get in but, my prior surgeries disqualified me. So, after reviewing much information on this site (thank you everyone for your contributions!!!), I've been in contact with Dr. Bierstedt's office (Malte has been great so thanks for steering me his direction) and also Dr. Bertagnoli's office (both German surgeons.) I'm waiting to hear back from Dr. Bierstedt regarding my prognosis. I'm really leaning towards Dr. Bierstedt and have only had an initial contact with Dr. Bertagnoli's U.S. liaison. The other surgeon that caught my attention was Dr. Clavel but, it seemed like there were some questions about his practice. I can't remember exactly so, will need to go back and research him again. Anyway, if anyone has any information, suggestions or experience to contribute in helping me figure out this puzzle, I sure would appreciate it! I'm trying to make a decision asap before I do irreversible damage to my spinal cord. The changes in my symptoms the last three months have me pretty rattled. Thanks so much!
If you need a 3rd option. Dr Zeegers (also in germany) is really good.

Dr. Willem Zeegers – Artificial Disc Replacement | World pioneer in treating back and neck pain

Cheers,

Karger