View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 04:44 PM

I have requested a second opinion from Dr. Zeegers in the Netherlands. His approach is so much more inclusive than any other doctor I have seen that I think it is worth paying for his consultation. (Correction, he is an Orthopedic Surgeon not a Neurosurgeon as I previously posted.) He has requested so much history that in going through everything, I have already discovered things on my reports that I missed and my U.S. doctors did not bring to my attention. Dr. Zeegers has brought up questions that no doctor has ever brought up. This is quite the experience! So far, I have heard that my spinal cord has not been damaged and for that I am very grateful. Perhaps there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

One more week until I finally have my appointment at the Barrow Institute. It will be interesting to see what the surgeon there has to say. I'm really glad that I reached out to the surgeons in Europe because they are so much easier to work with than the U.S. surgeons IMO. Everything is wait, wait, wait here and often no answers unless you get checked into a top notch hospital and have great insurance.

My symptoms continue to get worse so this can not happen fast enough. I spent the last two days in bed with a blinding migraine headache. Unfortunately, I think I'm at least 4 - 6 weeks out from having a surgery so I'll just have to deal with what happens and hope I don't get too much worse before I make a decision on who will operate on me. I sure know I can't wait a year for my insurance company and the appeal process. Perhaps they will have pity on me and approve the two level cervical disc replacement....not holding my breath.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016