View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 08:29 PM

Hey Cynlite - I really appreciate the hopeful words and the lead! My impressions of Dr Z and his character are the same as yours. And it was his thorough, methodical reputation that drew me to him in the first place. Guess that's probably true of all of us.

The first neurosurgeon I met with looked at my films for two and a half minutes then told me I needed a two-level acdf. This approach, obviously, represents the other extreme, the anti-Zeegers, if you will. While I'm not qualified to dispute that assessment, I can say it didn't help me understand my circumstances or prepare me to make one of the most important decisions I will ever make.

We learn pretty quickly that there are no certainties in surgical outcomes. But I think the kind of comprehensive, highly individualized analysis you receive from someone like Dr Z can at least help instill a sense of certainty that you are having the correct surgery or are correct to have or to not have surgery, can help to empower you to make those decisions confidently. That's my hope anyway. So I was prepared to wait and it would be misaligned with my ultimate goal of making an informed decision to rush Dr Z's mojo. Kind of like asking him to, "try and make this operation thing snappy," in pre-op.

Joking aside, I know it's not about rushing him; it's about something you need being delivered as promised. And yankee, pbray, and challenged, I hope you receive your reports soon and they help you achieve outstanding outcomes.
May 2016 to present - Appealing. Summit the couch daily; trek to restroom/kitchen as necessary.