View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 09:10 PM

@Rivermiles, I don't know if you read the final end to my story. (FYI, had the same experience with a short interview in the U.S. and fusion suggested.) I had a three level ADR with Dr. Clavel in Barcelona in May 2016. Dr. Zeegers held me up in my decision. He was way too conservative on his diagnosis of my neck but, spot on on my lumbar in my opinion which is not a surgeon's opinion because I'm not one...I just live in this body and had to make a call. That is where trusting my own instincts about what my body was telling me came into play. Surgeons are not Gods. I knew I was gambling so, it came down to probabilities in my mind. There are risks and we can't ever forget it no matter how good the surgeon. I think Dr. Zeegers is one of the best conservative surgeons and Dr. Clavel is one of the more successful surgeons when it comes to cervical surgeries based on my research. This is important...you'll have to come to your own decision based on all the information you gather. Dr. Clavel recommended an L3/L4 fusion at first review of my images but, after talking to me in person did not push me for it. He understood my arguments. I made a call to hold off on that surgery and it may cost me more later financially if I choose to do it but, after so many surgeries I've learned that they should not be taken lightly. So far, I think I made the right decision. That is as far as I got. I had a 3 level cervical surgery with Dr. Clavel; one I don't think I'll ever regret. I'm 8 weeks post op so, can't say what the long term prognosis will be but so far, it's been a good recovery so far and I'm happy with my decision. I hope your decision is easier than mine and wish you the very best outcome!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016