View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 11:59 AM

Default Cynlite....Angel in disguise?

Hey Big C......

Back in March 2016, I consulted a second doctor at TBI, Dr. Blumenthal. My first consult was with Dr. Guyer. I did not feel too confident with Dr. Guyer so I requested a second consult. While non of the doctors at TBI seem to want to send a couple hours answering my questions, I force them too. I harass their staff and their nurses for answers. My insurance does cover single level ADR and I was scheduled for surgery in September.

TBI has some of the best American-based ADR surgeons. Of course, this is always arguable. I feel confident with Dr. Blumenthal or Dr. Zigler. Eventually, I will take the plunge when non-narcotic medication stops working. Dr. Blumenthal has now gone with the Active-L for lumbar, which is what Dr. Zeegers mainly works with for lumbar. I have not research anything with respect to cervical.

Without medication, the pain is unacceptable. I refuse to live my life with a low quality. Therefore, if the quality of life dips again, I'll be in the assembly line for my ADR.

I was hoping Dr. Zeegers could help me with my unanswered questions from TBI analysis. However, i exerted so much effort trying to get a report from him, I have chosen not to follow up trying to ascertain any more information. I have made the conscious decision to cut my losses and focus my research locally.

I have severe doubts about after-care with ADR surgery abroad, especially when I can have it done here for "free" (insurance covered) and follow-ups will not be questioned.

As for stem cells, I was told my disc was too far damaged for stem cells to work their magic. I have not researched this, but being an engineer, my opinion is that once the disc is broken, the human body cannot repair it back to original condition.

I want to hit the slopes again, do some whoop de do's on a dirt bike. Luckily, I am able to play golf, bowl, and weight train with my current pain level without doing further damage.

Thank you for ALL your feedback and timely responses. It does not go unnoticed. Your knowledge and insight has helped me the most. I do truly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim
ADR insurance appeal won in 2013, delayed surgery
2016 pain is now affecting quality of life. Contemplating ADR surgery again.

2016 delayed surgery again due to successful pain management with meds.