View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 01:33 PM

You are most welcome Jim Thanks so much!

I think Dr. Blumenthal at TBI is a good choice in the U.S. especially, since your insurance will cover the surgery. He was my second choice but, I didn't have to think about him much because my insurance would not cover a dime of it. He and Dr. Zigler may have more experience at ADR surgery than any other U.S. based surgeons. That is my guess, but I don't know this as a fact. I know Dr. B. is a busy guy. I did speak to him on the phone once but, after he saw my first allergy blood test in the package I sent, he dropped me like a hot potato with no further explanation except he wouldn't operate on me because of the allergy. That was the response from all the surgeons though. In the end, it's not their job to figure out that problem. They are surgeons and they do surgery. I'm sure glad I was able to figure it out and have surgery or I'd still be laying in bed wishing I was dead.

Once my condition became acute, there was really nothing that made me feel better besides staying very still in bed and using heat and ice. However, before that, I found that juiced ginger helped a lot with pain. Try it out or throw a piece in a blended drink and see if it helps you to feel better. I'm pretty much in love with fresh ginger! Think I'll go make a shake right now

Everyone swears that Turmeric helps but, needs to be taken with black pepper or pepperine for best assimilation. I've taken it but, can't say one way or the other if it helped me. I think staying really hydrated is very important for the longevity of the spine. There is information out there on it. There are many things that we can do naturally to reduce pain and inflammation in the body. We just have to figure out what works for our particular body. Everyone responds differently. I personally prefer to stay away from drugs as much as possible.

I do hope you can continue to hit the slopes and play hard for many more years to come. It broke my heart when I learned I would never ski again. But you know, back in the very back of my mind is that hope that I'll do it again. I'm a fighter and never say never. The body has miraculous healing ability and medicine is always making advances. Wishing you the very best!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016