View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 06:11 PM

I have a real interest in 3 level cervical M6's and serious trauma. So I did google the search terms you described. I didn't find any scholarly articles. Might you be able to post links that discuss a higher association with M6 type core devices?

High velocity hyper extension and distraction does seem to be associated with C3-4 par interarticularis fractures. Thank God, when I suffered such a trauma within exactly 2 weeks of getting my 3 level M6C's, no such fractures have yet been detected on either x rays or Ct Scan. I did however enjoy 8 staples placed in the back of my head to stop the bleeding...

Many of us are focused on how M6 devices might hold up in, for example, a car accident. So far, I believe that they will hold up well. Not much thought is given to how the other levels hold up.

The fact that SK doesn't offer a very wide variety of sizes, could be seen as a shortcoming of that disc, if your surface area is bigger than the largest endplate, like me. Given that my bone density is not the greatest, the concern is elevated. But I am happy to live with my decision, trusting both in my doctor and in my research. Nothing is perfect, although things were fairly close to perfect immediately following surgery. I am now about 8 weeks out from my fall, but only about 4 weeks into PT

I get my motion and flex xrays end of September.

I hope you are still on track for your surgery with Dr Bertagnoli. Is it scheduled for Sept or Oct? Can't tell from your signature. He is known to take tough cases, even revisions, so you should do just fine. How many conversations-skpe have you had with him ?
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona