View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 09:22 PM

Smile Ready Set Go - Booked with Clavel - Surgery March 15th

I completed my wire transfer to Dr. Clavel at Barcelona Spine Center today. I am feeling very blessed to have the ability and means to make this decision. Thank you to all the members on this forum that reached out to me personally and spent hours talking to me. My husband and I leave next Sunday, March 12th from Florida and arrive on March 13th in Barcelona at 9:00 am. We are staying at the AKO suites throughout the trip, other than during the 5 day hospital stay. I will be receiving the M6L at the L5/S1 level. I went back and forth between the activL and M6L and my final selling point was the disc life. The M6L has been extensively tested and has a lifespan of 80 years vs. the activL's lifespan of 30 years.

My pain management doctor is the states is willing to take on all of my post operative care and required testing/X-Rays. I work as a guidance counselor and have taken the remainder of the school year off. That way, I will also have the summer for recovery.

Several positives regarding the process of choosing Dr. Clavel:

Yolanda was wonderful at quickly having all of my medical records and Imaging reviewed. I have also had new imaging done in the meantime that Dr. Clavel reviewed. I initially had them do a quote just for the surgery. However, I recently had Yolanda add the hotel and transportation (airport and hospital) onto the quote, as this was stressing me out. Everyone I have spoken to holds Dr. Clavel in high regards and have had great experiences with him.

However, having Yolanda complete all of my required paperwork and letters for work has been a long process. She finally sent a letter today (after I completed the wire transfer) that stated I would be out through the end of the 2016-2017 school year. I am still waiting on my FMLA paperwork, which she has been promising for weeks. I am supposed to receive my final itinerary next week, so hopefully it is early in the week, as I am a planner.

Does anyone have any good restaurant recommendations/tourist recommendations?

Also, I would love to hear others recovery process that have received an M6L. Thank you so much for everyone's support and prayers!
1/16/2017 - Cervical Radiofrequency Lesioning
3/15/2017 - Dr. Pablo Clavel: Cervical Disc Revision C5/C6 (M6-C) and Lumbar Disc Replacement (M6-L)