View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 10:38 AM

Default We Made It!

We made it into Spain this morning - they are 5 hours ahead of Florida time. A couple of things I have learned already. If Yolanda sets up the taxi for you - do NOT exit the airport. My husband and I were lost for an hour. The taxi drivers that are pre-set up hold your name on a big sign in the airport right before you go down where it says "Taxi's."
AKO suites is a very nice hotel, however they have no hair conditioner or body soap - so you will need to purchase at a supermarket, along with bottled water. We decided to go exploring today. Restaurants do not open until 12:30 for lunch. Also, I swear the locals purposely get you lost! LOL. We spent 2 hours walking in circles trying to find the hotel. Check-in at AKO suites is at 3:00. They will hold your bags in a secure area, if you want to go exploring. We even saw a few wild parrots flying around! Very cool city - everyone has warned us to watch out for pick-pockets. They are masters in Barcelona. It is best to buy a good old fanny pack to hide under your shirt that has the card protection built in. I got mine off of Amazon for like $18.
One more thing - there are no irons or ironing boards in the rooms and no washcloths. You can ask for an iron and board at the front desk and they will bring one to you. Tomorrow I meet with Dr. Clavel and the anesthesiologist for the first time. The taxi will pick us up right at AKO suites, which was set up by Yolanda.
1/16/2017 - Cervical Radiofrequency Lesioning
3/15/2017 - Dr. Pablo Clavel: Cervical Disc Revision C5/C6 (M6-C) and Lumbar Disc Replacement (M6-L)