View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 09:11 AM

electron,

Welcome, and I like your handle.

I don't think there's a yes/no answer to that question, and though you haven't stated many details about your condition, it sounds like you probably need some kind of neural decompression surgery, which will almost certainly be "worth it".

Be aware that this neural decompression will be part of your ADR surgery and per the experience of posters on this board often results in noticeable relief upon waking up after surgery. If you're sweating the ADR because it's new (only about 25 years old), don't forget that fusion is still an option, and that the same neural decompression is performed during that surgery.

If you'll provide a few more details about your condition and the source of apprehension about ADR, then perhaps the members of this board can help confirm or alleviate those fears. I would highly encourage you to spend some hours reading the stories in the "Surgical Outcomes" board on this site. You'll mostly find stories and experiences of successful ADR surgeries, but you'll also find plenty of failures. You can learn what the board members that have already traveled the path you're on did, why they did it, how it worked out, what they wish they'd done differently, and why. It is a treasure trove for someone with the misfortune of being in your shoes.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011