View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 12:40 AM

Hope everyone has had a good Thanksgiving! Doing a lot of reading on this forum and seeing many success stories and some not so successful. It has been interesting seeing how any people are going to Europe for surgery. I currently spend a good part of the year in Cali and concerned that my surgery will be in Alberta for follow up. Going to another continent for surgery had not even occurred to me given possible complications, follow ups etc.

I had thoracic surgery in my 20s to remove part of my lung. Apparently one of the most painful surgeries to recover from. At the time the surgery was a choice between life or death and it didn't require any decision making on my part. Still have some mild issues 20 years later.

Having to make a decision about elective surgery that could have significant complications and long term effects that could be worse than what I am going through now is tough. I find the pain I know more easy to accept than the unknown.

Having said all that I am still giving ADR surgery in Canada a green light. However, thanks to this forum I have a few questions prepared for my surgeon.

Cudo's to the many who have braved the uncertain outcome of ADR surgery and thank you for sharing the good, bad and the ugly. Hoping that you all will find relief from your pain!
Dec 2013 - MRI showed moderate DDD @ L5/S1 - modic type 1 endplate changes - remaining disks well preserved
Jun 2014 - became patient at Caleo clinic
Jan 2015 - first consult with surgeon
May 3, 2016 - L5/S1 - M6 - ADR in Canada (Calgary, Alberta)