View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 11:54 PM

Thanks for the post, Boris. I was born in Germany and immigrated to Canada as a teenager. I remember medical care being more advanced there than in North America but tend to forget after so many years. I am impressed how many Canadians travel to Europe for surgery!!!

Given there are only 4 or 5 surgeons Canada who perform ADR you'd think they would have a sufficient number of surgeries under their belt. Going to check with Dr. Bouchard to see how many he has actually done. Also which device he is able to install. I was a bit taken by surprise in my last appointment in that I thought there would be further diagnostic tests. Instead he put me directly on the surgery list. I did not have my list of questions ready.

Aparently only one device is approved in Canada but Dr. Bouchard has special permission to use a device approved in Europe. M6 I assume? I plan on calling his assistant next week to get more info.

I hear that it takes quite a bit of time to get surgery in Canada but I managed to get an appointment with the surgeon in 6 months rather than the usual 24 months. From there the delay has been on my end, trying to decide whether to proceed.

I will keep everyone posted on progress and decisions.
Dec 2013 - MRI showed moderate DDD @ L5/S1 - modic type 1 endplate changes - remaining disks well preserved
Jun 2014 - became patient at Caleo clinic
Jan 2015 - first consult with surgeon
May 3, 2016 - L5/S1 - M6 - ADR in Canada (Calgary, Alberta)