View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 01:31 PM

Hi,

The best pain doctor I've been to moved from Winnipeg to Burnaby, he was the one that did Prolotherapy on me, on my upper back. After he got my upper back, mainly between the shoulder blades, under control he did start moving into the lower back area, but he then moved away. Perhaps a less invasive methodology might be indicated before surgery? My current pain doctor flipped out when I told him I was going to Germany for surgery, I was basically unable to walk due to lower back pain. That doctor stated that he did presentations with a Candian orthopedic surgeon in which they deterred any back surgery. So, IMHO, in Canada, your taking chances with back surgery. One reason I went to Germany over the US is that I got a more or less guaranteed price quote whereas the US doctors where very vague about the cost, since I would be paying out of pocket that meant a lot to me. Also, Dr. B. works out of a full hospital rather than a clinic so should complications arise they have access to a wide range of other doctors.

One other thing, Aleve can raise your blood pressure, I found about this the hard way when my BP spiked.