View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the replies. I originally started antibiotics 2 weeks ago as I've cracked a filling & was getting alot of pain from the tooth, as there was a slight shadow the antibiotics were given to try & stop a possible abcess that was forming. I was supposed to go back after a week but a clash of appointments mean I can't return until tomorrow morning.

The Dentist told me that antibiotic cover now varies depending on the part that has been replaced & how recently. Apparently the info book has recently been updated (& as she found a reference to prosthetic disc replacement then I can believe it). The book wasn't completely clear which is why she requested I ask the surgeon.

It seems from all that I've found out so far that it is very divided over whether to give antibiotics. The biggest problem I have is I'm allergic to Penecillin so can't just take anything.

The Dentist will make her decision on what she's going to do with the tooth tomorrow, shame I can't give her a definitive answer about the antibiotics!

Thanks again for your replies.

37 years old
DDD
L4/L5 - L5/S1 DDD
L5/S1 Annular Tear
End Stage Facet Joint Arthritis
Chronic Pain
Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
15 Nov 06 ~ Prodisc ADR at L5/S1
Need a revision but not a surgeon in the UK will (or can?) remove a Prodisc!!
Prodisc has ruined my life