Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Hi Harrison

I'm not sure i'm answering your question correctly, but the prosthesis was a Maverick - the one with the keel, metal on metal/ ball and socket joint.. and the procedure was an anterior total disc replacement, followed by a decompression through a posterior entry point to deal with disc material that had extruded in to the spinal canal (as a result of the injury) - i.e. they flipped me over half way through the op. Let me know if that's what you needed.

In terms of cricket - yes, that is my target. I have taken the decision not to bowl fast any more - on account of the additional stress that would be put on other segments now i have no shock adsorption at L5/S1, but also my age generally is the upper limit for trying to bowl quickly. So the plan is i will continue to bat, field and bowl slower but more canny spin. My return to playing will be subject to my physio being happy with my strength and flexibility - but as i mentioned that is on track at the moment.

Harrison - many thanks for the site and all the work you and your colleagues put in on behalf of all of us with these conditions and going through the various processes. If there is any further information that might be of use, or if i can help in any other way, please let me know.

Best regards