View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 08:43 AM

There are a number of manufacturers out there as you know. Pros and cons to each. To me, the least cons are with the ESP.

That said, while it offers six degrees of freedom which I think only the M6 provides (and I do not trust the unconstrained core on that disc)...

The ESP probably isn't the disc I'd choose if I wanted to squat 350lbs on a regular basis. I'd probably consider the ProDisc for that? I don't know - I haven't researched it enough. (And all those other discs you get more concerned about the metal used (cobalt-chrome?) and the wear debris.

I'd recommend you join the FB ADR group - join FB if you need to. There is more traffic there and people post routinely on their surgeries... Images of failed surgeries, etc...

For me - two ESP's in my neck, two in my lumbar... Starting the journey in mid October.

Again - I'm (one of the) last people that would want to travel to a foreign country and stay there for a month to get this done. (I over-think things, including traveling...) But finding a surgeon I trust - who has done thousands of these surgeries... Who I am comfortable with like he was a dear old friend...

You're just not going to get all those qualities in the US. (On and in the US you'll only have access to devices I personally would not want)
Four central disc protrusions in thoracic spine.

C5-C6, C6-C7 bulging, bone spurs. Imaging not looking good. Successful CP-ESP's placed in Oct 2019 by Dr. Desai.

Delayed lumbar surgery to work on bone density. Considering options now, some but minimal bone density improvement. Will only use LP-ESP.