View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 05:06 AM

Hi Cindylou,
That was really nice of your husbands company to do that. In their defense though, they legally have to issue any money in that way according to IRS laws. They had no choice. Here in Maine, which is an anti-business state-not only do we have to pay our 20% co pay on everything health related, but the STATE OF MAINE then makes us PAY AN ADDITIONAL TAX (6%?) ON THE TOTAL OF THE PROCEDURE to cover those who wish to not carry any health insurance, which comes immediately in a bill, even before you are healed.

Not only that, but the STATE is so involved in pain treatment that it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to get any. To anyone who thinks that Federal Health Insurance is a good thing, come to Maine-the state CALLS THE SHOTS not the doctor. It's eye opening, and getting worse every year. It is so bad, that I might not be able to return to my home next spring depending on where I'm at with my back. Or, I will have to travel down to Florida every other month, which is no picnic as you know, traveling with back issues.