View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 02:36 PM

I just blew up the image to see it up close. Wow. What a horrible spot to be in! I feel for you.

I can definitely see those fused discs under the failed implant and the bottom c7(I think) whose space is also nearly collapsed. I would also figure that that is where your new pain is coming from, down there.

You really need to find out why this ProDisc came out. The reason why I say this is because I think the best solution would be to have two new ADRs put in, one above and the other below the two fused discs. As much as you may be against ADRs due to your experience, I wonder how much of this had to do with surgeon error as opposed to either device or bone density problems. From a strictly mechanical perspective, if you went with fusion again, it would mean your entire neck would be one long immobile column. I don't know how old you are, but I would think a competent doctor, either in the US or overseas, would be able to address this issue with you and suggest bookending the fusion with ADRs. Just my opinion.

Get 2 to 3 more opinions if you can afford the wait to do so. And get the best ones to give it. You need to move quickly.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.