View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 12:51 AM

Default Stenosis

I had stenosis at every level except L4-L5. I had an annular tear and a blown out disc. The selective endoscopic disctectomies that I had helped for a little while. Eventually all of those discs herniated again and all of them became what my surgeon calls dead discs or discs that do not retain any water. My traditional laminectomy was done on L5-S1 and it herniated again and caused severe stenosis in which I had drop foot. I had to have that disc fused immediately and went through emergency surgery to recover from having severe drop foot. At that time my surgeon wanted to do a hybrid fusion and adr at L5-S1 and L4-L5 respectively. My insurance denied the procedure and I only had the fusion done at that time. A year later, I had my first selective endoscopic disctectomy at L4-L5. It did not help at all but that was because two thirds of that disc was gone. What levels were you looking to have done? Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to respond in a timely fashion.

Over 100 injections in both neck and back
L5-S1 laminectomy
L4-L5 selective endoscopic disctectomies
L5-S1 ALIF fusion
Neurostimulator implant at T8
C3-C4 selective endoscopic disctectomy
C5-C6 selective endoscopic disctectomy

4-6 level adr surgery in neck and back with Dr Clavel on April 11th. Will also have fusion on L1-L2 and neurostimulator implant removal