Thread: Sleep Issues
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:11 AM

Default jinx?

Well I don't know if my particpation in this thread jinxed me or what but I am up in the middle of the night! Why? Because there has been some delay mixup in my cyclobenzaprine refill. I've had to go the last week without it, and just rely on Ambien CR...and it's not doing the trick on it's own. I've been up due to pain in the middle of night....take more pain pills than I otherwise would.

For some reason, with me, that muscle relaxer with Ambien Cr and pain med, really makes a difference in knocking me out and keeping me asleep longer.

Can't wait for this mixup to be resolved, especially before Xmas traveling!

and on a side note, I've heard it's not a good idea to take over the counter sleeping aides for an extended period of time. Besure you discuss with dr if you sleeping problem persists. I think that's why we get Ambien, because it's safer if taken over a longer period of time.

Anyhoo...looking forward to 7 or 8 hrs of straight sleep soon!

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop