View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:49 PM

Default Nerves

Hello,
Sorry to hear about this, I have Permanent Nerve Damage to the Lateral Femoral Nerve in the right upper leg, gone, basically, had to wait, for my first surgery, the decompression worked, but the nerve is gone.

Surgery like this, should be done within HOURS of the injury.

This, like a car accident, where the lower back is injured, (really any part) there are several areas of the lumbar that people do not think about.

Like the Pedundal Nerve, that controls bladder function...others.

Cauda Equine, the horse's tail, that begins below the L1, handles all the lower parts.

I too, from surgery have distraction, some loss of sensation in the Genito Femoral on the left side, and a little loss of sensation on the middle two toes, go figure this one.
Plantar on the left ball (foot).
After my second surgery(really the third), they performed some of these Nerve Tests on my right arm, being in the belly position, the arm went numb and they can map the responses and pretty much know how much is being received.
The arm came back, this took about 24 hours.
Mostly the thumb and forefinger.

So you can see, a lot of people deal with a lot of issues.

You can walk?

If you can, get a MRI, and make sure all is well, check the stenosis, and make sure the spine is aligned etc, they can tell a lot from an MRI.

Short of a Fusion or an ADR, after the MRI, I would have therapy, preferably some Pool Therapy.

Nerves are hard to deal with, Hearing is all about nerves, Cilia and so on.

Sorry to read about your outcome, had to return to your previous posts.
A year out, do not want to tell you all is lost, but after a few months, it may not.
Therapy for me after six months did help, movement (after you have an MRI, to be CERTAIN) can have a lot of benefit.
Read another post, there is not a lot of blood in these areas, and movement, of fluids, is how the areas get nutrition.

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.