View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 04:26 AM

Default Need help with good ADR doctor's name

Dear All:
I have been following this website for few months and have gotten some useful advise from you all . I have been looking for ADR surgeon in my area in Atlanta (GA). I went to the ADR website and found two surgeons name (Dr. Charles Weaver and Dr. El-Shahabi) both in Marietta and Roswell, GA (close enough to my residence). They both recommended C5-C7 ADR with Mobi device.
However, I do not know their reputation.
To make story short, I would ask the forum members including the administrator (Harrison) if they know of any excellent surgeons for ADR in Atlanta or close to Atlanta, GA.
My current MRI shows the following:
a) Broad-based bulging at C3-C4 levels with slight cord compression
b) Assymetric disc bulging at C4-C5 with small disc herniation
c) Broad-based bulging at C5-C6 and broad based herniation with foraminal stenosis
d) Assymetric disc bulging at C6-C7 and cord compression at the same level

In summary, I have multiple disc bulging, multiple disc herniation and multiple disc degenerative disease. At some levels this is more broad based compression at other levels it is more focal.

So far I have the following opinions:
a) Fusion doctor mentioned that I should either get four level fusion or leave it alone
b) ADR surgeons recommend lower two level disc replacement (C5/C6 and C6/C7)and upper two level fusions (C3/C4 and C4/C5).
c) Third surgeon recommends two level replacement at C5-C7
d) Fourth surgeon recommended two level fusions at C5-C7 and do stem cells at the levels where I have bulging and herniations.
e) I approached Dr. Pettine in Colardo (per Colarod Babe advise) and he also recommended multilevel ADR on C5-C7 but only stem cells at other places.
I am severe pain and headaches comes every day. I will greatly appreciate the names of some best surgeons in U.S or in Georgia or close by. I cannot afford to pay to go to Europe. Please help.

Thanks
Shawn